Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
Whenever spooky season hits, we immediately start thinking about the holidays — even though Halloween hasn’t officially come around yet! Family gatherings and parties are already starting to rack up, and we obviously need the right outfits to wear for the influx of events.
But in the winter, a dress can’t be worn by its lonesome. We all need an extra layer to give Us the extra warmth and coziness we crave. Whether you’re in the market for a lightweight knit or something that’s more substantial, we have so many sweater scores below that will complement your festive fashion. Read on for more!
17 Sweaters to Wear With Your Dresses During the Holidays
1. Our Absolute Favorite: This sheer tie-front sweater from SHU-SHI has an elegant flair that pairs well with virtually any dress — plus, you can also wear it on cool spring or summer nights!
2. We Also Love: For a more relaxed style, this Dellytop sweater has a boho aesthetic that you can wear to a casual event!
3. Best Classic Shrug: This GRACE KARIN sweater is the definition of a typical shrug, and it can be teamed with a variety of vibes!
4. We Can’t Forget: If you want something super light, this Aiboria shrug is made from mesh for the ultimate sheer look!
5. Best “Feminine” Shrug: The lettuce-edge detailing on the hem of this SATINIOR piece gives it an adorable girly feel!
6. Our Absolute Favorite: This ribbed sweater from 1.STATE differentiates itself thanks to the puff detail at the top of the sleeves!
7. We Also Love: Another unique spin on the typical cardigan look is this Free People knit that has beautiful oversized sleeves!
8. We Can’t Forget: If you’re in need of a cropped cardigan, check out this number from BP.!
9. Best Open-Front Cardigan: This sweater from Amazon Essentials is flowy due to the open front, but it still has the fitted feel that you look for in a cardigan!
10. Honorable Mention: For a classic button-up cardigan that never goes out of style, peep this sweater from a.Jesdani!
Slouchier Sweaters and Wraps
11. Our Absolute Favorite: This cozy wrap from MELIFLUOS DESIGNED is incredibly chic, and you can wear it with anything — beyond just dresses!
12. We Also Love: Shoppers call this adorable Imily Bela knit the “perfect slouchy sweater” that you’ll want to wear all the time!
13. We Can’t Forget: If you want a longer oversized sweater, this waffle knit number from ZESICA would be an excellent choice!
14. Best Extra Oversized Sweater: This cardigan from Angashion might not be long, but it offers a trendy loose fit in the bodice and sleeves!
15. Best Classic Wrap: This knit from Barefoot Dreams is a wrap that you can surely get ample use out of, whether it’s teamed with a dress or used as a travel blanket!
16. Honorable Mention: We adore the chunky knit that this sweater from Ferrtye is sporting!
17. Best Wrap Sweater: This open-front knit from Auburet comes with a matching belt that you can tie to cinch in the waist!
Check out more of our picks and deals here!
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as face masks, self tanners, Lululemon-style leggings and all the best gifts for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Happy shopping!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!